What does it take to be a motivated skateboarder who gets to travel the world and inspire people? Join us as Preston Pollard shares his story and get inside glance at a motivational speaker who skateboards.
- Preston Pollard wanted to do something different when he first started skating it was not a popular sport.. Preston tried hockey, basketball and he was not good at it. Preston saw some skaters and tried their boards once that happened he was hooked. Preston noticed that he can do anything he did not have a coach telling him what to do. Preston Pollard had a dream of getting out of Alaska.
Biggest Failure/ Worst Moment
- Rejection was the biggest challenge Preston had to face. Having to handle with rejection from magazines. It was a painful thing to see people moving up. Preston had to overcome the feeling of doubt, and stop telling himself “am I not good enough”. Preston had to learn that rejection is apart of life.
Biggest AH-HA Moment
- Preston never been to college, Preston saw a class called positive psychology. Preston found this interesting because, it’s something that he already does in his day to day life by finding ways to inspire people and teach them how to find happiness in their life. It’s a degree that he can use to help people in life. Preston noticed that he can elevate his life by using Positive Psychology.
- Thoughts leads to Feelings. Feelings leads to action. Action leads to reaction.
Tool / Tip:
- Preston Pollard has a dream board where he can write his dreams, he has a calendar too but he thinks a dream board is very important. The idea of the board is to put your dreams on the board and work to those dreams.
Book / Video
How to Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie