At the end, it’s just you vs you
This was the most popular post on instagram this past week.
The reason why I posted this is for 2 reasons….
First, I want you guys to know that anything you want to achieve in life it’s up to you. You have to see it, believe it, and achieve it.
Second, If there is anyone preventing us from achieving anything in life, it’s you. We’re our biggest champion, cheerleader and motivator.
We’re also our biggest critic, doubter, and hater.
I wonder why?
You see when you focus on something you want, you get it. It may be hard, but if you want it bad enough, you’ll find a way to do it.
However, the doubter, or the silent negative person on the inside is saying “You can’t do it” “It’s too hard” “You’re not ready”
To silence the other person — you have to continually talk to this person… yes, you’re talking about yourself. You also have to listen.
Here’s how you talk to yourself….
- Come up with a list of affirmations – things you believe
- Write it down
- Repeat it daily
Here’s how you listen to yourself….
- Make sure you’re in a quiet and safe location
- When the negative thought comes in, don’t shut it down, listen to it.
- Breathe into it the thought and just let it sit there
- Keep taking deep breaths and don’t let go of the thought until it eventually subsides
- Then repeat the affirmations that you came up with
Let me know if that helps!